I am simply a Realtor® who has extra training and passion for helping mature adults like me as they move to the next phase of their lives. Having moved nine times and downsized twice, I know the many opportunities and challenges of this time of life. While I will happily help anyone with their real estate needs, mature adults and seniors are clearly where my knowledge, training and experience set me apart.
Starting with a BS from the University of Wisconsin in Fine Art, and then adding an MBA in Finance from New York University, I spent many years in marketing and product development including several products you will recognize, like Jell-O Pudding Snacks and Frito-Lay Sun Chips. Then I applied those consumer research skills to the real estate industry. Over ten years, I worked to understand and help communicate to the real estate brokerage industry what buyers and sellers wanted in a transaction and how they would trade off service for price.
Now I am applying that knowledge and more gained in specialty training for the Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES) and Designated Real Estate Consultant designations to helping people with their real estate transactions. I am licensed in both North and South Carolina.
- 2017 Commendable Customer Service Award
- ARN Aging Resources Network
- CMAC: Charlotte Mecklenburg Aging Coalition
- ICE: Individuals Caring for the Elderly
- Parkinson’s Association
- Alzheimer’s Association
- York County Humane Society
- Gardening on the Cay (Volunteering at Cathy’s Garden for the Disabled, Habitat for Humanity, etc.)
- Charlotte Quilters’ Guild (making quilts for children in the two major children’s hospitals, women going through chemotherapy, soldiers and for people with dementia).
- Charlotte, NC and Columbia, SC Real Estate Associations as well as the state associations of both SC and NC
- Hearing the interesting stories of older adults
I am married to Chris Ely (this is a wonderful story) and we share three children ages 32 to 46 – two girls and one boy, who are dispersed all over the country. We have one grandchild (I want more!) who lives in Flagstaff, AZ.