Lavina was born and raised a Kiwi (New Zealand – South Islander) but spent her earlier adult life living and working in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia before relocating to Charlotte.
Having moved a lot, Lavina understands the pressures involved in up-rooting your life and moving to a new home and/or location. She therefore, is keenly aware of the importance of getting settled into your new environs as quickly as possible.
Prior to becoming a Real Estate Broker Lavina had extensive experience working in various property industries and roles, some of these being:
• Property management for individuals and small firms, involving everything from purchasing, managing remodeling budgets, advertising rental properties to negotiating leases and ongoing property management on behalf of owners
• Worked with property appraisers and software developers as a business analyst to develop a mass appraisal calculation system and therefore understands how an appraisal is reached and appraisal methodologies
• Trained as a Certified Lead Abatement Worker and Lead Abatement Supervisor in North Carolina and has worked with a Lead Abatement firm in Charlotte - now keenly aware of the potential lead-based paint issues, hazards and necessary procedures as they pertain to the real estate market.
Lavina brings her wide range of property related experience to her career as a Real Estate Broker which is important in assisting and guiding her clients in many aspects and decision making of their real estate transactions.
Accreditation and Affiliations:
• Licensed NC Real Estate Broker
• QSC (Quality Service Certification)
• CRRA (Charlotte Regional Realtor Association)
• NCAR (North Carolina Association of Realtors)
• NAR (National Association of Realtors)
• Certified NC Lead Abatement Supervisor
• Certified NC Lead Abatement Worker
Other Hobbies & Interests:
Lavina has travelled extensively around the world and enjoys meeting new people; learning about new cultures and cuisines; visiting historic places and buildings and experiencing different architectural and interior design styles.
In her travels she enjoys everything from rugged backpacking and camping deep in the Alaskan wilderness with grizzly bears, diving and relaxing stays on remote islands in Asia and India, to exploring and fine dining in beautiful historic and cosmopolitan cities.
Another passion is creating, cooking and eating great food of all cuisine types from natural and unprocessed foods – organic, fairly traded, humanely farmed, chemical and preservative free! She is always on the look out for new and innovative restaurants and enjoys what Charlotteans have on offer in the restaurant scene.