"Live What You Love"
Knowledgeable, resourceful, and caring,
I dedicate myself to helping your family achieve its goals.
My mission is to understand your goals and achieve those results. Make no bones about it—buying or selling is complicated. You are dealing with your largest investment—your home. You have decisions that affect your happiness and your net worth—decisions that you will live with for a long time. You want to make sure you don’t miss a value-priced, ideal property when it hits the market. Or, maybe you are not even sure what you want because you don’t know what you can afford. What about all the online services you’ve heard about, such as Offerpad, Knock, OpenDoor, Ribbon—must you investigate these, too? Each company offers a particular service, but none of them offers sound, objective, educated advice, and an oath to protect your interests, instead of theirs.
OK, here’s my bio, then we get into the mechanics. I am a licensed broker in North Carolina and South Carolina, as well a Senior Real Estate Specialist. I work for a company that has an excellent reputation, great culture, and high ethics. Helen Adams Realty is not about mass production—we are relationship people. We get to know our clients. In fact, we thrive on it. Many of our clients are repeat customers. I am a full broker, not a provisional broker, equipped with the latest in real estate training. I have authored a number of articles involving community news and local interests.
I hold a BS in Computer Science from Penn State and an MBA from Duke. In my prior life, I was the founder and CEO of ChemWare, Inc. ChemWare specializes in automating large analytical laboratories, with an emphasis on public water quality and public health. I have years of sales experience, preparing contracts, negotiating, and conducting requirement analyses. I consider myself well rounded. Cornelius is my home; family is here. I am very fortunate to share my life with husband Bill of 33 years, two daughters, and blessed grandchildren. I enjoy cooking and entertaining friends, gardening, reading (3 book clubs), swimming, hiking, and playing cards. I run the monthly pinochle dinner and game at the Peninsula Club.
Here’s how I help you accomplish your goals . . .
- Your financial requirements are respected. You, as a buyer, will be preapproved for your mortgage. You will have hard evidence that you are qualified to purchase a particular home.
- All homes on the market will be filtered and carefully studied, even previewed if urgent, by your agent—me. Daily. You can optionally be set up for automatic email notifications of any new properties that come on the market meeting your criteria.
- For sellers, you get top-notch marketing materials, with high-end photography, drone video, and Internet exposure.
- I will prepare a detailed comparative market analysis for the home you are selling and the home you wish to purchase.
- I help you orchestrate other professionals, such as lender, inspector, attorney. I am onsite to assist as needed.
- I negotiate on your behalf, always respecting the other person’s position, but also providing market facts to uphold your position regarding pricing or terms.
- I step in to provide other services such as home staging, shipping of furnishings or art, cleaning, landscape refurbishment, and estate sales—literally, whatever you need.
Learn more. See my articles schools zoned for Lake Norman, HECM Mortgages, Real Estate Investments, and 55+ Home Buying. For a complete list of schools in the greater Charlotte area, please click here.